I would like to cancel an order. What should I do?
If you need to cancel your order, please do so within 48 hours.
1. Please send an email to email@example.com with your order no. and the reason you are requesting a cancellation. We will do our best to respond to you within 24 hours.
2. Should you wish to cancel your Pre-Order you are free to do so, but you will lose the deposit you paid. The reason for this is we will have placed an order for your item with our suppliers and we are liable for that item. We then have to find someone else to buy it.
*Please note that we cannot cancel an order once it has been dispatched.
I would like to return an item. What should I do?
Please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your order no. and the reason you are asking for a return.
In the unlikely situation that you wish to return your goods under The Consumer Contracts Regulations, we will accept the return of goods sent back to us within 14 calendar days from the day after the item was delivered to the buyer provided none of the exclusions set out in this policy below.
If the unwanted items are unopened and returned in their original condition including tags and packaging, we will refund you money which you have paid us for those items, or offer you an alternative product of similar value as a replacement if required.
You will be responsible for the payment of the return postage of the unwanted goods and our original postage costs to you.
We are not able to accept the return of opened and/or part used goods.
The following types of product may not be returned under this policy:
- any product made to your specification
- any product made to order
- any product that was pre-ordered
- any product that was ordered in specifically for you
- any product bought via a private payment plan arranged with the store owner
Defective or Faulty Items
In the rare event that a product is defective or faulty we will do our best to sort the fault and replace the part if we can. We must be notified within 7 days from delivery. Replacement parts will depend on the manufacturer. Certain manufacturers will send the part, others wish to handle the matter direct and we will pass on their details to you to solve the problem. If a manufacturer wants you to send the faulty product back it will be your responsibility and no postage costs will be paid by the Toy Basement Ltd.
If the customer wishes to return a defective or faulty product we will refund the cost of the item plus the cost of any postal or courier charges paid by the customer as part of their initial order.
Please note that ‘defective’ means the item doesn’t work properly i.e. lights-up function doesn’t work. Any painting problems are not covered.
The Toy Basement Ltd are not responsible for quality control, we are only a retailer.
We recommend you use a secure delivery method which requires a signature upon receipt (such as via Royal Mail First Class Recorded Delivery) as you will be responsible for the returned products until they reach us.
Your refund will be processed within 14 working days of receipt of the return.